Friday, July 4, 2008

Guillaume Seignac Psyche painting

Mark Rothko Blue Green and Brown 1951 painting
Guillaume Seignac Psyche painting
-o-o, you never do. But you get sorry, and that's worse. You'll be awful sorry when I tell you this, Anne -- and you'll be 'shamed of me, I s'pose."
"Have you done something naughty, Davy, and is that why you can't say your prayers?"
"No, I haven't done anything naughty -- yet. But I want to do it."
"What is it, Davy?"
"I -- I want to say a bad word, Anne," blurted out Davy, with a desperate effort. "I heard Mr. Harrison's hired boy say it one day last week, and ever since I've been wanting to say it ALL the time -- even when I'm saying my prayers."
"Say it then, Davy."
Davy lifted his flushed face in amazement.
"But, Anne, it's an AWFUL bad word."

No comments: