Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Julius LeBlanc Stewart paintings

Julius LeBlanc Stewart paintings
Jeffrey T.Larson paintings
Jean-Paul Laurens paintings
Jules Breton paintings
cucumber, that she was going to call on Regina Beaufort. `I don't know her; who is she?' says I. `She's your grand-niece, and a most unhappy woman,' she says. `She's the wife of a scoundrel,' I answered. `Well,' she says, `and so am I, and yet all my family want me to go back to him.' Well, that floored me, and I let her go; and finally one day she said it was raining too hard to go out on foot, and she wanted me to lend her my carriage. `What for?' I asked her; and she said: `To go and see cousin Regina -- cousin! Now, my dear, I looked out of the window, and saw it wasn't raining a drop; but I understood her, and I let her have the carriage. . . . After all, Regina's a brave woman, and so is she; and I've always liked courage above everything.''
Archer bent down and pressed his lips on the little hand that still lay on his.
``Eh -- eh -- eh! Whose hand did you think you were kissing, young man -- your wife's, I hope?'' the old lady snapped out with her mocking cackle; and as he rose to go she called out after him: ``Give her her Granny's love; but you'd better not say anything about our talk.''

No comments: