Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fabian Perez Untitled II

Fabian Perez Untitled IIThomas Kinkade The Aspen ChapelFabian Perez Rojo Sillion III Second StateFabian Perez Balcony at Buenos Aires IIPino WHITE SAND
Tomjon.
The mayor hesitated. 'Pardon?' he said.
'I won't accept it.'
The mayor hesitated again. His lips moved and his eyes glazed slightly. He felt that he had got lost somewhere, and decided it would be best to start again.
'A proper coronation will take—' he ventured.
'It won't,' only kingdom I know how to rule has got curtains in front of it. I'm sorry.'
Dead silence greeted this. They did not appear to have been the right words.
'Another problem,' said Hwel conversationally, 'is that you don't actually have a choice. You are the king, you see. It's a job you are lined up for when you're born.'
'I'd be no good at it!'said Tomjon. 'I will not be king.'The mayor was mouthing like a carp.'Hwel?' said Tomjon desperately. 'You're good with words.'The problem we've got here,' said the dwarf, 'is that "no" is apparently not among the options when you are offered a crown. I think he could cope with "maybe".'Tomjon stood up, and grabbed the crown. He held it above his head like a tambourine.'Listen to me, all of you,' he said. 'I thank you for your offer, it's a great honour. But I can't accept it. I've worn more crowns than you can count, and the

No comments: