Monday, February 16, 2009

Jean Fragonard The Stolen Kiss

Jean Fragonard The Stolen KissJean Fragonard The Love LetterJean Fragonard The Bolt
anyone could, and suddenly Lyra thought that one day, quite soon, he would be buried in the crypt under the oratory, and an artist would engrave a picture of his daemon on the brass plate for his coffin, and her name would share the space with his.
"I should have a lot of goodness and sweetness in your nature, and a lot of determination. You're going to need all of that. Things are going on in the wide world I would have liked to protect you from-by keeping you here in Jordan, I mean-but that's no longer possible."
She merely stared. Were they going to send her away?
"You knew that sometime you'd have to go to school," the Master went on. "We have taught you some things here, but not well or systematically. Our knowledge is of amade time before now for a talk with you, Lyra," he said after a few moments. "I was intending to do so in any case, but it seems that time is further on than I thought. You have been safe here in Jordan, my dear. I think you've been happy. You haven't found it easy to obey us, but we are very fond of you, and you've never been a bad child. There's

No comments: