Monday, October 27, 2008

John William Waterhouse The Lady of Shalott painting

John William Waterhouse The Lady of Shalott paintingLeonardo da Vinci The Last Supper paintingLeonardo da Vinci Mona Lisa Smile painting
been "Rome" or "Augustus" or "Jove" or "Victory" or something of the sort; but now to annoy Cassius, Caligula would give him absurd words like "Stay-laccs" or "Lots of Love" or "Curling irons" or "Kiss me. Sergeant," and Cassius had to take them back to his brother-officers and stand their chaff. He decided to kill Caligula.
Caligula was madder than ever. He came into my room one day and said without any introductory remark: "I shall have three Imperial cities, and Rome won't be one of them. I shall have my city on the Alps, and I shall rebuild Rome at Antium because that's where I was born and deserves the honour, and because it's on the sea, and then I shall have Alexandria in case the Germans capture the other two. Alexandria is a very cultivated place."
"Yes. God," I said humbly.
He then suddenly remembered that he had been called a bald-headed madame-his hair was certainly very thin on top now-and shouted out, "How dare you go about with a great ugly bush of hair in my presence?

No comments: