Thursday, September 25, 2008

Edmund Blair Leighton God Speed painting

Edmund Blair Leighton God Speed paintingEdmund Blair Leighton The Charity of St paintingEdmund Blair Leighton Alain Chartier painting
But, I say, where am I to go?”
“Professor, our humble town is yours. Where would you like to go?”
“Well, I suppose I must go to an hotel. We were at the Ritz before.”
“I am sure you will be comfortable there. Tell the porter to get you a taxi and see he does not try to overcharge you. Double fare but not more.”
“But I shall see you tomorrow?”
“I hope very often.”
Dr. Fe bowed and the doors of the lift shut upon his bow and his smile.
There was in his manner something more than the reserve proper to a man of delicate feeling who had in emotion revealed too much of himself.

Officially,” said Mr. Horace Smudge, “we don’t even know you’re here.”
He gazed at Scott-King through hexagonal spectacles across the Pending

No comments: