Friday, September 5, 2008

Alexei Alexeivich Harlamoff paintings

Alexei Alexeivich Harlamoff paintings
Aubrey Beardsley paintings
Andrea del Sarto paintings
a silver-headed serpent, mouth agape; its body, twelve times the size of any rattler's in the pasture, trailed out of sight around the corner. They stood outlined now between me and the doorway.
I shouted again for Max.
"What you squalling, Goat-Boy?" The creature set down his serpent, which drew back half a foot and lay still. I made to flee deeper into the passageway.
"Whoa down, chile!" In a moment he overtook me and squatted at my head, so that both ends of the aisle were closed to me.
"Don't eat me up," I pleaded, and resorted to the one stratagem I knew. "Wait till Dr. Spielman comes along, and eathim ."
"Eat, boy? Who gone eat? Nobody gone eat."
His voice I had to own did not threaten, and for all the tearfulness of those eyes, his grip was gentle on my shoulder. I looked to see whether the serpent was creeping near.
"How about that snake?" I pointed urgently, and he glanced there as if frightened himself. "Is it dead?"

No comments: