Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pablo Picasso paintings

Pablo Picasso paintings
Pierre-Auguste Cot paintings
severely. "You won't take the trouble to get up a decent meal."
"Oh, I do, Mistress Doctor, I do," protested Captain Jim. "Why, I live like a king gen'rally. Last night I was up to the Glen and took home two pounds of steak. I meant to have a spanking good dinner today."
"And what happened to the steak?" asked Mrs. Doctor Dave. "Did you lose it on the way home?"
"No." Captain Jim looked sheepish. "Just at bedtime a poor, ornery sort of dog came along and asked for a night's lodging. Guess he belonged to some of the fishermen 'long shore. I couldn't turn the poor cur out--he had a sore foot. So I shut him in the porch, with an old bag to lie on, and went to bed. But somehow I couldn't sleep. Come to think it over, I sorter remembered that the dog looked hungry."
"And you got up and gave him that steak--all that steak," said Mrs. Doctor Dave, with a kind of triumphant reproof.
"Well, there wasn't anything else to give him," said Captain

No comments: